I hope you could join me at The Camp. If not, here are the recipes...
Note: This soup can also be made with canned tomatoes and twice as much dried thyme. I found you needed more liquid like 3 cups to make this recipe with fresh tomatoes.
Adapted from Thug Kitchen* cookbook recipe
2 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (I just use unbleached all-purpose flour)
1 Tbsp baking powder
3 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil (grapeseed, safflower seed or canola oil)
1 1/4 cup plain almond milk, plus more for brushing
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or raspberries)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper or foil.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, brown and white sugar, and salt. Cut oil into mix until it looks grainy without any big chunks.
3. Make a well in the center of the mix, and pour in almond milk and vanilla extract. Mix together until almost combined. Add blueberries (or raspberries) and walnuts (if using). Mix only until combined.
4. Scoop out 1/4 C amounts onto your baking sheet. Brush with almond milk and sprinkle a bit of sugar on top. Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Bottoms should get a bit golden.
5. Transfer to a cooking rack if you have one. Eat one while they're hot!
NOTE: Original recipe called for coconut oil, but I replaced it because coconut oil is a saturated fat so not heart healthy.