I hope you had a chance to watch me prepare these #healthy #vegan dishes live at The Camp. They are fantastic and deserve a taste. Full of whole food plant based goodness. Also, here is a link to a brochure with great information and a basic shopping list.
Rainbow Thai Farro Salad
adapted from Sally at Sweet Peas and ABCs
Serves: 4-6 servings
¼ cup peanut butter or soy butter
2 tablespoons agave syrup
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons water (as needed to thin sauce)
1 8-10 ounce package farro (I use a quick-cooking farro from Trader Joe's)
1 red bell pepper, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
8 ounce package shredded carrots (or 1 cup shredded carrots)
7 ounce package or 3 cups thinly sliced/shredded cabbage
½ cup cilantro (optional)
¼ cup green onions (about 4-5 onions)
½ cup peanuts or toasted almonds (optional)
extra lime wedges and peanuts for serving
1. In a large measuring cup or bowl, mix together the nut butter and agave. Microwave for 15-20 seconds to allow the ingredients to loosen up a bit. Add the ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, and water. Whisk carefully until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
You could also pour all of the ingredients into a resealable salad dressing bottle and shake until combined. The dressing should be pourable. If it's too thick, add a little more water.
1. Follow the package directions to cook your farro. (The 8.8 ounce package I usually buy will cook up to be about 2 cups of cooked farro.) Once cooked, drain the farro and let it cool while you prepare the rest of the salad
2. Wash and prepare your vegetables. Chop the cilantro and green onions, and coarsely chop the peanuts. Toss all of the vegetables and peanuts into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the cooked, cooled farro and about ½ of the dressing. Mix well, adding more dressing to coat, but do not soak, the salad.
4. Serve with additional lime wedges, peanuts and extra dressing.