The National Cancer Institute research shows that as much as 33% of cancer risk may be related to diet. In this class, you will learn about the right food choices that can help reduce the risk of developing cancer as well as prevent a recurrence. There will also be live cooking demonstrations of simple, delicious recipes that can be easily recreated at home.
Sunday, October 23rd at 4pm - 5:30pm EST
This class includes:
- a knowledgable cooking instructor (certified Health Coach and certified Food for Life instructor) to answer your questions;
- cooking demonstrations of fast, plant-based dishes made from commonly found ingredients;
- a nutrition presentation that explains why plants reduce cancer risk;
- shopping advice and cooking tips; and
- lots of informational handouts (like recipes and meal planning worksheets) sent via email.
- a practical and easy system for eating more plants
- This class follows the science-based Food for Life program developed by the Physicians Committee For Responsible Medicine
What I'll be cooking:
- Breakfast - Mixed Berry Banana Smoothie
- Lunch - Veggies in a Blanket
- Dinner - Sweet-and-Sour Stir-Fry with Seitan
- Staple/Side - Toasted Brown Rice (video)
- Side - Zippy Yams and Collards
- Dessert - Chocolate Mousse
Let's Beat Breast Cancer!!
In this 90-minute class, learn the right food choices that can help reduce the risk of developing cancer as well as prevent a recurrence.
About Your Presenter
Granetta Coleman is a certified Health Coach and certified Food for Life cooking instructor. No animal products? No problem! Granetta has been vegan for over 10 years and is an expert in planning tasty and easy-to-make plant-based meals that you (and your family) will love.
She turned to plant-based foods to help her lose over 30 pounds and keep it off. She's also found that eating this way has helped with her blood pressure and allowed her to be an energetic mom who enjoys an active lifestyle (think hula hooping, biking and running). She loves using her knowledge of cooking, meal prep, grocery shopping and plant-based foods to help people create healthy meals using the EASY BUTTON. This class is great if you are wanting to go plant-based or if you are curious about how to add more fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes to your plate.
Need more support for making healthy changes? Checkout the Vibrant Woman Makeover program where Granetta coaches you one-on-one through a step-by-step process to lose weight, gain energy and have a more fulfilling life.
You can take four simple steps to make breast cancer less likely to start in the first place, or less likely to come back if you’ve already been diagnosed:
- Choose plant-based foods
- exercise regularly
- limit alcohol
- aim for a healthy weight
These steps will likely improve your overall health and wellbeing by reducing inflammation in your body, and reducing your risk of diabetes and heart attack. Additional side effects may include having more energy and feeling GOOD!!
Learn more or take a four-week Let’s Beat Breast Cancer challenge now!Learn More or Take the Challenge