TabboulehJan 22, 2020
Makes 2-4 servings
oil free version of ChefdeHome recipe
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped small
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, chopped small
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and diced small
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest from one lemon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
1. Add water, garlic and salt to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Add bulgur wheat, stir well and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until all the water is adsorbed.
3. Once done, fluff with a fork. Pour cooked bulgur wheat in large bowl.
4. Add vegetables, lemon juice, lemon zest, and fresh herbs and stir.
NOTE: you can garnish with chopped fresh tomatoes. Bulgur wheat is a great "whole" grain to add to your shopping list. It is a low glycemic index food so it can help those with Diabetes manage their blood sugar. See article. Also, a good source of potassium and protein.
Stay connected with healthy living tips, recipes and more!
Join our mailing list to receive actionable information to change your relationship with self-care.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.