Sauteed TofuNov 29, 2019
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Tablepoons low-sodium soy sauce
1. Remove tofu from the pack, drain water and cut into 12 slices (cut into quarters, then cut each quarter into three slices).
2. Place on paper towel lined baking sheet, cover with paper towels and weigh down to press/drain for 10 minutes.
3. Spray a wiff of oil spray on non-stick frying pan.
4. Add tofu and cook until first side is golden/browned (about 5 minutes).
5. Spray a whiff on exposed side, flip, and cook until browned.
6. Mix soy sauce and spices and pour a teaspoon of sauce on each piece. Flip and cook for one additional minute. Transfer to a serving plate.
Note: Use in stir fry, salad, as a snack or as a sandwich filling. Great warm or cold.
Note: You can skip pressing step, but tofu will be softer.
Adapted from: Tofu Grillers in the Vegan Starter Kit by Neal Barnard, M.D.
Stay connected with healthy living tips, recipes and more!
Join our mailing list to receive actionable information to change your relationship with self-care.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.