Quinoa & Fruit - A quick breakfastNov 29, 2022
Some of the best kinds of breakfasts are the ones that are ready for you when you wake up. That’s why I absolutely love this quinoa fruit salad option. You can make it the night before, open the fridge in the morning and dig right in. No cooking or waiting is involved in the morning. But you will have to cook quinoa for this one.
If you use ½ cup of cooked quinoa + 1 tablespoon raw almonds, you’ll get the same amount of protein as a medium egg.
Perfect for those busy mornings where you’re tempted to skip breakfast!
- Pick 3-5 different fruits (about ½ - 1 cup) that you enjoy and chop them up if needed. My favorite mixture is raspberry, blueberry, and mango.
- Combine chopped fruit into a bowl and stir.
- Stir in cooked quinoa at a ratio that you would like; you don’t want too much or too little.
- Optionally, you can drizzle mixture with agave syrup or honey and freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice.
- Stir together and refrigerate. If you refrigerate it in a mason jar, you can grab and go.
Once you pull it out of the fridge in the morning, sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds.
Stay connected with healthy living tips, recipes and more!
Join our mailing list to receive actionable information to change your relationship with self-care.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.