Pan-Fried TofuApr 03, 2020
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu (NOT SILKEN)
- oil spray
5. Spray skillet with oil spray and fry tofu until brown on all sides. Once done, add sauce of your choice* or Spicy Tomato Sauce (see below) and heat sauce through.
Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 15 oz. can of fire-roasted tomatoes (no salt added)
- 3 Tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of Agave syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke (optional, to add smokiness)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional, if you want more heat)
Combine ingredients and simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and blend.
*NOTE: Other sauces that you can use are commercial BBQ sauce, Hoisin Sauce with a little water added, Thai red curry paste (vegan) with a little water added, and Chili Garlic Sauce.
Stay connected with healthy living tips, recipes and more!
Join our mailing list to receive actionable information to change your relationship with self-care.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.