Mushroom Sage SauceOct 26, 2020
Here's the recipe from October 23rd. This recipe is flavor-filled, and can be made quicker if you use pre-sliced mushrooms. Sage is one of my Fall favorites. This sauce is great over gnoochi, pasta, even a whole grain like brown rice.
- 12 oz. fresh mushrooms (white, portobello, cremini, porcini, or shiitake), sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onions or shallots
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
1. Saute mushrooms and onions/shallots in a dry skillet.
2. If onions/shallots start to stick, add water or broth to keep vegetables from sticking.
3. Saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Add vegetable broth and sage.
5. Simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.