Jalapeño Cheezy GritsOct 09, 2020
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, minced (optional)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, deseeded, deveined and minced
- 1 cup of dry grits (cooked)
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
TO COOK GRITS (FOLLOW PACKAGE DIRECTIONS OR USE DIRECTIONS BELOW):
1. Combine dry grits and water in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for 7 minutes. If water is not adsorbed, microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
WHILE GRITS ARE COOKING:
1. In a dry skillet, saute onion and red pepper (if using) until tender. Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time to keep vegetables from burning and sticking. Stir occassionally.
2. Add garlic and jalapeño pepper and saute for one minute. Add a little water if needed.
3. Stir in cooked grits. Add nutritional yeast and turmeric and stir to combine.
4. Remove from heat and dig in.
Stay connected with healthy living tips, recipes and more!
Join our mailing list to receive actionable information to change your relationship with self-care.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.