Falafel BurgerMar 23, 2020
- 1 can white beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro (or 1 Tbs. dried parsley)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) hot sauce
- 3-4 Tbs. chickpea flour (or reg. flour)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. If you have a food processor, add the first seven ingredients and pulse until chopped and blended. Don't process too much or you will end up with hummus. In a large bowl, add bean mixture and remaining ingredients and blend.
2. If you don't have a food processor, mince and dice the garlic and fresh herbs first. In a large bowl, mash beans with a fork or potato masher then add remaining ingredients and blend.
3. Next form the mixture into four burgers, if the mixture is too wet, add flour a Tablespoon at a time.
4. Line baking sheet with parchment and spray with cooking spray. Put burgers on baking sheet and spray tops with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
NOTE: You can bake these in an air fryer or pan fry them with about 1 Tablespoon of oil.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.