Ethiopian Curried LentilsNov 29, 2019
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup small carrot
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon berbere curry powder
- 1/4 cup green or brown dry lentils
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (optional)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1. Bring vegetable broth and tomato paste to a simmer, making sure the tomato paste is throughly combined with the broth. Add the onion, carrot, garlic, curry powder, fenugreek ( if using) and lentils.
2. Bring soup to a simmer, cover the pot and reduce the low heat. Cook for 20-30 minutes, until lentils are tender.
Note: You can add 1 diced Yukon gold potato and 1/4 cup whole wheat orzo pasta after long simmer and cook the soup uncovered for 5 minutes (or until potato and pasta are done).
Source: 21-Day Weight Loss KickStart by Neal Barnard, M.D.
Stay connected with healthy living tips, recipes and more!
Join our mailing list to receive actionable information to change your relationship with self-care.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.