Chickpea (Hold the Tuna) SaladNov 29, 2019
- 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup of vegan mayonnaise*
- 1 TBS. Dijon or whole grain mustard
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 chopped celery rib
- 2-4 TBS minced red onion
- 2-4 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried parsley or 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. celery seeds (optional)
- salt to taste (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- 1 sheet of nori, diced**
If you have a food processor, add all the ingredients but the nori to the food processor and pulse several times until chickpeas are broken up. Careful not to over process chickpeas.
If you don't have a food processor, use a masher or fork to crush the chickpeas in a bowl.
gluten-free wrap: leaves of washed butter lettuce, romaine lettuce, collard greens or kale
Note: * I prefer Follow your Heart – Vegenaise. It can be found in the refrigerator section usually by the tofu, which some stores put in the produce section. ** Nori (which is seaweed) can be found in the International isle of your store. For a different flavor - you can add cubed apples or capers.
Adapted from: sweetpotatosoul.com
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.