Are You Getting Enough Sleep?Mar 28, 2022
Adults should sleep 7 or more hours per night on a regular basis to promote optimal health.
Sleeping less than 7 hours per night on a regular basis is associated with adverse health outcomes, including:
- weight gain and obesity,
- heart disease and stroke,
- impaired immune function,
- increased pain,
- impaired performance,
- increased errors,
- greater risk of accidents, and
- increased risk of death
Source: Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine
If you aren't getting that delicious 7 hours of sleep most nights, here are some tips for sleeping better.
- Be consistent in your bedtime and waking time.
- Create a relaxing, sleep-friendly bedroom. (i.e., cool, quiet, dark, and comfortably appointed)
- Remove electronic devices from the bedroom
- Avoid large meals, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime
- Get some exercise.
- Track it (you may not know how consistent you are until you track your sleep. using a device like an Apple watch or Fitbit can make this painless)
I hope if you aren't hitting the ideal sleep goal, you try to implement one of the tips above. If you consistently aren't getting enough sleep, ask for help.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.