Roasted Red Pepper SauceApr 29, 2020
Adapted from minimalistbaker.com
Tired of red sauce. Try this quick variation.
- 10 oz jar of roasted red peppers*
- 1/4 cup onion or shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1.5 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1.5 Tablespoons cornstarch/arrowroot
- 1 pinch red pepper flake (optional)
- 12 oz. of cooked pasta or grains
1. In a dry saute pan, water saute onions/shallots. Adding water as needed to keep onions from sticking or burning. Once translucent, add garlic cloves and saute for one minute, stirring often so they don't burn. Again adding water as needed.
2. In a blender, combine onion/garlic mixture, and remaining ingredients (except for pasta). Blend until smooth. Return sauce to pan and simmer until warmed.
3. Serve over cooked whole grains (like barley, brown rice or farro) or whole wheat pasta.
NOTE: See minimalistbaker.com for instructions on how to roast fresh peppers. You would use 2 red peppers if using fresh.
Stay connected with healthy living tips, recipes and more!
Join our mailing list to receive actionable information to change your relationship with self-care.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.